Halloween was a blast this year! The kids were so excited to be a Mario themed family. We had planned it from the previous Halloween after buying the girl Yoshi, Luigi and Mario costumes on clearance. I had to make the twins' princess dresses because Princess Daisy is impossible to find. I didn't want there to be fighting about their dresses being different if I bought the Princess Peach dress and not the Daisy, so I made both. I found the pattern cheap on eBay, but I hadn't sewed anything like that in YEARS. I was anxious about the whole thing, but I pulled it off in the wee morning hours all the month of October. I'm not doing that again any time soon, but I do feel accomplished about it. They'll have them for years now as dress-up dresses too.
Jimmy got a new job in Parking management at the UW University this fall, but we were able to go back to Grainger for one more Halloween celebration. We also went trick-o-treating right in our own little village another night. A little boy, maybe 4 years old, freaked out when he saw Parker dressed as Peach. He ran right up to her and hugged her in the middle of the road like she was a Disney World character. Apparently that's his favorite character, and I will concur that she look like the real deal!





No comments:
Post a Comment