Here's our playroom/school room (I'm sure you noticed all the little school projects around the room)! It's been done for awhile, but the guys have been busy doing some more important things outside and in the garage, so the trim just finally got put up last weekend. This was new construction. The hallway existed and there was a door to an unfinished space where the room is now. The guys started by taking off the door and cutting a bigger frame so it's the open entrance it is now. The rest involved framing, wiring, drywalling, flooring, hanging doors and doing trim. I decided to keep it pretty plain because all of the kids' stuff is so bright. I figured white walls would be best since it's our only room without a window besides the bathroom. I didn't want any color that might darken it at all. I'm in LOVE with the rug we bought for in there and super happy we went with the lighter colored "wood" laminate. The room is a little awkward to situate furniture because of all the doors (one is to the laundry room, another out to the garage, and then a closet for coats and games and such), but I'm so happy with it! It' a great space with plenty of room for school and play. In Janesville, we had all the toys and the cubby in our living room, so having a separate space has been awesome!
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment