Monday, June 23, 2014

KAYDENCE TURNS 4

 Kaydence's birthday with her grandmas :)

 We've gotten smarter as parents with birthdays...presents are now in the mornings like Christmas :)
Did you watch the babies in that photo progression?  That was like 60 seconds dudes; they are everywhere.
 FROZEN STUFF!!
 If I get Alzheimers some day, I might revert back to singing the Doc McStuffins' theme song.  Oh my.  That and "Let It Go" are the only songs I ever ever hear. 
Parker -- Scarlett
Okay, so I posted way too many photos of Kaydence's birthday, but the babies were cracking me up in all the pictures.  It would be only two seconds later and they were off doing something completely different than the last photo.  Anyway, Kaydence had a rockin birthday.  She received some really great gifts (thank you, btw) and went to see "How to Train a Dragon 2."  This girl has been punishing me her whole third year.  Of everyone, I think she's had the hardest time with all the change and the twins.  I remember a week after my parents and their girls moved into our little house around this time last year when I was on bedrest and their house had sold, my mom said that she hadn't believed me.  She thought I just babied Kaydence (and we did/do), but that she was really such an obedient, sweet little thing that played so well.  That also happened to be the week that that changed.  Things got crazy and her little life and routines got turned upside down, we moved and then came babies and homeschooling Brooklyn.  Kaydence got lost in the shuffle a lot and her needs not met.  Her way of making her needs known comes out in tantrums, whining and even yelling sometimes.  It's why I let her have her pacifier back when she accidentally found one.  It really helped her (notice the past tense...she gave it up willingly almost 3 weeks ago! yay!).  She's actually really really good with the babies and attentive to their needs, ahem, sometimes/often better than her older sister.  Plus she always sleeps in (now that's favorite child material right there ;)).  Anyway, she'll come around.  Our life will be all the way calm again.  I can feel her coming back bit by bit.  She'll never be the same, but hopefully she'll be better for it.

KAYDENCE'S BIRTHDAY MEALS:
  • Raisin Bran with a banana
  • Waffles with Strawberries
  • Fettuccine Alfredo with BBQ chicken and corn
  • Pink cupcakes with pink frosting and pink M&Ms with a side of birthday cake ice cream
FAVORITES:
  • Doc McStuffins
  • "Frozen"
  • Coloring
  • "School time" with Mom
  • Going to the mancave with Daddy
  • Playing with the dog
  • Parker
THINGS TO REMEMBER OF THE 3's
  • She learned to love alone time.  She needs and likes to get away from all the craziness and have toys and TV all to herself usually in my bedroom.
  • Reading her "baby" book every.single.night for about 6 months
  • The pacifiers left the house for the second but FINAL time
  • Her Leapster Doc McStuffin game playing the theme song over and over and over and over again
  • Finding her humor...when Kaydence is in a good mood she's actually turned into a really funny kid
  • Those big blue eyes when her hair is pulled back in a messy bun...so beautiful
  • Learning about embarrassment..."Mommy, sometimes when people laugh at me it makes me sad."  Aww!
  • Getting mad that I haven't taught her how to read

No comments: