Tuesday, December 4, 2012

THANKSGIVING at Uncle Judd's

All I could think about this Thanksgiving is how different our lives could be a year from now on this same day.  Thanksgiving could be at our *hopefully* new house next year!  I feel this end-of-an-era type emotion as we go into this new year.  We aren't going to be new parents in a starter home anymore....we're going to be in our thirties soon with children starting school...crazy.  I've felt a lot of contentment lately though.  I'm not sure why.  I guess it's just happiness.  Here's my very sincere  "thankful list" for this year...
  • My beautiful girls and all they teach me
  • My family's health and the ease of care it takes to handle Jimmy's Crohn's Disease now
  • Although we've outgrown it, our house and the love we've etched in its walls
  • James' continued employment 
  • My new camera and photo programs
  • Nothing else really seems important enough to mention.....that's what I said on Thanksgiving, nothing else seems worth mentioning when you have family.  I'm grateful for my family.  My own little family.  My parents and my siblings.  My grandparents and the opportunity I have had to know them while they were still "young."  My mother-in-law and the blossoming relationship we seemed to find this year.  Most of all though, my James.  I'm so grateful for all his hard work at work, school, and home.  All that man does is go to work or school, do homework, play with his kids, clean the house, occasionally exercise, do his calling at church, or spend time with me (okay, he goes and plays guitar once a week :)).  But seriously, his devotion is not only noteworthy and appreciated, it just makes everyone in this house feel loved....like overwhelmingly loved (probably even the dogs).  I hope he knows that.

No comments: