Tuesday, December 4, 2012

PERSPECTIVE

I think that one of the greatest lessons in life in learning to be happy and grateful for what you have is perspective.  I know Jimmy thinks it's weird that I like to watch sad things, like this video, or that I stalk blogs of people who have experienced great loss.  I didn't understand why I liked to at first either, but it hit me one day...perspective.  I like the perspective it gives me.  I seriously have listened to this Ronan video everyday for the last 2 months.  I don't want to imagine the things it says in this song....leaning over and whispering in my dying child's ear or pretending to still talk to them after they are dead...of course I don't want to think about it, but somehow thinking about it makes me cherish moments more often and be grateful for the beautiful children I have no matter what difficult stage they are going through.  So everyday, I listen to this song in the background as I catch up on my emails or edit pictures.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a perfect parent.  Patience is something I loose, but for whatever reason, this particular video/song did it for me, and everyday I reflect on my children and my ridiculous love for them.  It's making me a better mom....more cuddles, more kisses, more time, more tickles, more of what I would regret if suddenly those girls were gone.

No comments: