Friday, August 14, 2009

MORE PICS...

More living room...as you can see, Brooke spends much of her time pulling out books and movies. She's only allowed one movie a day, but it doesn't keep her from trying.

Luckily the living room is pretty big and leaves plenty of room for toys behind the couch. I'm greatly looking forward to the toy cubby my dad is going to make me for my birthday to get rid of toy clutter!

At the top of the stairs, there's plenty of room for a little office area.



Brooke loves her new room so much, it cracks me up! About a month ago now, Brooke and I went in her room to rock before she laid down for her nap. Usually Jimmy or I rock her until she is drowsy and then lay her down and rub her back until she falls asleep. So she is used to falling asleep in her crib and it's the only place she sleeps successfully, but on this day, she wanted me to put her in her crib and leave her. She kept saying, 'no mom.' Anyway, I didn't think she would really want to be alone, but I left and she happily played in her crib for 30 minutes until she fell asleep by herself. We were going slowly towards that transition, so you can imagine how psyched I was that she did it all by herself all of a sudden. She's such a big girl :(

No comments: