With parades cancelled, we had our own in the driveway, haha. We also got to watch fireworks on a 7 story building's roof that Dad snuck us up on away from crowds at the University. I'm pretty sure all the littles thought it was just as fun as any other year!
We casually took these pictures when we celebrated my mom's 50th birthday last month. I will cherish them forever
. I haven't taken a picture with only my mom and dad in ages, and there probably aren't even that many to begin with. Looking at that first picture, I can't help but think of their wedding pictures when I instead was a little teeny blonde toddler between them, two teenagers. All this life and success that's been made since then is truly remarkable and against the odds. My mother is the most determined person I know. She's been the glue of all of it. Her faith in me and her faith in God have been my constant stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment