Celebrating their birthday at Grandma Ann's house... Parker/white, Scarlett/green
We still open presents from Mom and Dad first thing in the morning like Christmas. I like how the clock on the TV is showing that it's 6:52 a.m. Haha, they probably waited a bit to wake me up too. Everyone in this house is a little hesitant to wake me up. Not so much now because I'm grumpy, but because I usually lay there and ignore them.
It was a Sunday, so we skipped church and went to the zoo. The girls all had a nice time. I think their favorite part was first walking in, they realized that there were two lion cubs napping on the boulders with their parents. Some other highlights were feeding the goats, seeing the grizzly bears, and getting ice cream cones on the way home.
And Drax. He had a good birthday too :( . At least the twins had seen the cakes finished before they went to bed. They weren't too concerned the next morning that they were half eaten. Next was cake and opening presents from grandparents.
Happy birthday, twinners! One likes to climb and refuses to go on slides, the other slides and doesn't climb. One likes chocolate, the other vanilla. One eats cake only, the other only frosting. They are so different but somehow together a whole. The most exhausting, yet awe-inspiring, roller coaster I might ever be on...
Parker
Some of Parker's favorite gifts this year were her Spiderman figure (complete with attachable Peter Parker head), Calico Critter tree house and bus, and Lion Guard set. Her favorite food she chose for dinner was creamy Italian chicken over rice.
This poor thing has struggled with sensory issues, but she has made leaps and bounds this year. I'm thrilled to see her working through hard (for her) things and finding a voice without her twin speaking for her. She can be so thoughtful and independent. She notices the tiniest of details. She still loves the dogs and will sometimes disappear for a long time with Apollo in her room. If you spy on her, she's just cuddling on her bed with him. We love her sweet cuddles and couldn't imagine a life without her!
Scarlett
Without this girl, I would administer many less timeouts but miss the most utterances of "momma, I love you!" She is my most determined and feistiest. I think that means she's going big places. Haha, I guess we'll see. She can cling to me like a little ape baby and hold her own weight. My favorite memory of her this year was watching her trying to do a spin jump off of the couch like Mommy had just done, lol. The good part though was seeing her fall down, get a grimace of determination on her face, and then try again successfully. It wasn't a big deal, but who Scarlett is was completely described in that moment, and it was adorable.
Some of her favorite gifts were her Scarlett Witch figure, Calico Critter camper and water island, and mouse family. Her favorite food that we served with dinner was cinnamon rolls, which she asks for all.the.time. We're talking about the homemade ones. Yeah, I don't have time for that once a week, but it's always fun when we are able to make them together.





























No comments:
Post a Comment