This was our last "park hopping" experience of the summer. It turned out to be their favorite one thus far, and they dubbed it the Tree Park (a very creative name, lol ;)).
Cracking open acorns with rocks .... a favorite end of summer/fall pastime around these parts!
Watching the eclipse
As much as I dread going back to school every year, we were all ready for it this year. The kids thrive more on the structure of school and get along better when they do have playtime. The twins get to have time to themselves to play together, and the big girls are just happy to do anything besides schoolwork when they are allowed. All in all, there is less fighting.
All my summer projects and lists were finished this year too. I wish I would have taken the kids to more unique places, but I just didn't have the energy. They are still so much to take out. Honestly, the beach or a hiking trail or a city zoo or whatever pose safety concerns when I have them by myself. I'm only one person, and they don't all have the wherewithal to not make bad decisions sometimes, haha. On the weekends, the dads have been working on the garage/rec room remodel, so we just kept it simple this summer.
















No comments:
Post a Comment