We let the kids pick what they want to do on their birthdays. We went to the zoo on Kaydence's birthday, but she had wanted to go roller skating. Picturing trying to deal with the twins while I would have Jimmy (who can't skate very well) as a helper and Brooke and Kaydence that would still need help sounded like a disaster in the making! So Daddy took Kaydence on a daddy daughter date in the next month after her birthday. They ended up going ice skating and this is the selfie they took :).
Kaydence was given a Beta fish back on her 2nd birthday...he died in August. This guy (who's name has been changed so many times, I'm not sure what it was) has lived through a lot of things. He was left in a hot car while we were moving, he's fed by children, not cleaned enough, etc, but he lived 4 1/2 years! Haha. We went to the pet store that same weekend and bought a new yellow Beta fish that the girls named Patrick.
Drax 5 months old
Going running with the twins in the jogger stroller stopped working because Scarlett has began to H.A.T.E. it. I'm not sure why. It sounds fun to me, but it just isn't worth the 30 minutes of screaming anymore. I really liked being able to get my workout in during the day while Jimmy was at work. Now I'm back to going at some point when he is home, which is always a sacrifice of some kind to family time or the limited time I have to getting things done that have to be done while another grown-up is around. Sigh. It has improved, but the constant needs of these 2 year olds make me feel very tied down. I'm ready for a summer filled with tons of cheap movie theatre days, beach days, weekday zoo visits, etc. This summer was still not that :(. We did all those things but not like I hoped. Next year, right!?! I didn't want to wait around one day, so I packed up breakfast and put all the kids in the two wagons. I walked with them for 3 miles. That seemed pretty good for pulling 145 lbs or so. The last mile they had finished their food and were getting whiny and starting to fight, so I probably pushed it too far. A butterfly landed on Kaydence's flower so that was pretty cool. (All pictures courtesy of Brooklyn sneaking my phone)










No comments:
Post a Comment