Saturday, September 12, 2015

THE BABIES AREN'T BABIES ANYMORE!!

Looking through pictures, all I could notice was how these girls' hair is all over the place, all the time, lol!  They had a good birthday with Daddy off of work.  They opened presents all throughout the day, loved their cakes, and did a real good job blowing out their candles.  We (or maybe just I) want to make sure that they get their own cake and sung "Happy Birthday" to individually each year.  I'm glad they're 2; this year was still quite intense (more than I had hoped).  We're enjoying the fact that they are getting old enough to became their own persons and express themselves.  Here's a little bit about each...

Miss Parker.  I'm not sure what happened to my laid back, quiet Parker; she is long gone.  Parker is sassy, brave, strong-minded and very attached to Mommy.  She's a great eater and likes some out of the ordinary things for such a little girl like pistachios, mustard, liverwurst, and salad.  Some of her favorite things in the world, besides mommy's boobs, are Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba, babies, Olivia the Pig, walking on her tiptoes, strawberries, ranch, ketchup, and fruit snacks.  Although not her natural personality, being a twin has made Parker a good sharer (for her age, at least ;)) and pretty "go-with-the-flow."  I love when something disappoints her and she just says, "Awwww man!!" and let's it go.  We giggle often at her spunky snottiness (as long as she isn't hurting someone) and love her kisses.

Miss Scarlett.  This girl.  She's easy to love and very independent.  She's not really the dominant twin anymore.  She'll pretty much let Parker have her way until enough is enough, then she bites until you bleed and pulls hair (then eats it!?). Oh. my. Scarlett has to wear "pretties" EVERY moment of EVERY day.  Dresses, skirts, purses, bags, bracelets, nightgowns, and sunglasses are her obsessions, and if you don't comply, she will make you pay.  Her lashing out means throwing a tantrum for a solid half hour to an hour, or she might also hide behind our French doors and not let you touch her for about the same amount of time.  Her mean face is SUPER serious too.  If you keep Scarlett happy with those simple things though, she is such joy, always laughing, playing on her own, twirling her skirt and packing her bags for somewhere.  She is our pickiest eater, but some of her favorites are an off-brand honey nut Cheerios, cheese, fruit squeezes, bananas, cereal bars, and oranges.  Oh, and I could never forget her bear hugs; she wraps her arms around your neck so firmly that she holds her own weight up.  We love her dearly.

No comments: