Two big things happened in May. One, we finished the school year, and two, the twins switched to a full-size bed to share like Brooklyn and Kaydence do. I know they are only one year old, but besides Kaydence, my kids just don't seem to need as much sleep as some of these toddlers I hear about. The twins were taking longer and longer to fall asleep for their nap and then, trying to stay up until 9:30-10 at night. That gets old pretty fast. So now, they don't nap and get laid down together for an early 7pm bedtime. If their night doesn't go well or one of them wakes up too early, I'll let them cat nap on the couch. Some days they've been really grouchy as they have adjusted to it, but honestly, it's not any different than before with the amount of crying in a day. Having all the kids asleep by 7:30 has been LIFE CHANGING. I feel like a person again. We get 4-5 hours of grown-up time every night. It's amazing. The twins are happy to be back together and have been sleeping better too. They never complain about climbing into bed, turn to each other and say, "Cuddle, cuddle?," and then fall asleep in less than 10-15 minutes while I sit in there messing on my phone. Lovely.
(Scarlett's reaction to an accidental drop of egg on the counter)
Nope, there was a third big thing. Poor baby. We found out that Scarlett's chronic cough and eczema is due to her dog allergy! We already knew she was allergic to eggs. The doctor said we can keep our dog, but he's not allowed in her bedroom. She has an air purifier in her room. We also have to vacuum the whole house every other day, clean bedding once a week and bathe the dog twice a week. I'm starting to wonder if he's worth keeping....lol, but I couldn't break all these little girls' hearts and get rid of him. Scarlett has improved in her allergy symptoms enormously with me keeping up with all those things. She still might be allergic to other things, but the doctor tried to do minimal testing for her first visit. And on a side note, did you know that identical twins don't necessarily have the same allergies!? Fascinating.














No comments:
Post a Comment