Brooklyn's new pet, the rat Jack
Opening presents and cake
Field Museum in Chicago
This was the first year I didn't feel unprepared for Brooklyn to move onto the next age. She is a ball of fire and can surely through a fit like no other, but she's coming along. Sometimes she is the most helpful little girl that is quickly learning the world around her. I struggle with her attitude and doing school at home with her, but I'm honestly also grateful for the time I get to know her better and her I. Our relationship, I feel, has more understanding than it would have if we didn't have to work through doing her schooling together. I feel a lot of guilt about how many things go undone for her because of the twins. I think we have finally officially decided that we aren't having more kids. The biggest reason is that I hate how much it takes away from the older kids....EVERYTHING is about the babies, and we've been so limited. Now I say this, BUT our family is not finished. That, I know. In another year or so, we will start looking into various adoption options, and hopefully adopt a toddler or young sibling group in a few years.
Anyway, it was Miss Brooke's turn to have a big party this year, but she chose to go to Chicago instead. She wanted to see the mummies at the Field Museum after having an Egypt unit in History. When she grows up she wants to find the tomb of King Tut's father (one of the only undiscovered tombs they believe might exist). She also wants to be a scientist, teacher, mom and gymnast...so we'll see what she decides on :). For her birthday, she asked for a pet rat (like 2 years ago, lol), and Momma finally gave in. She's actually taken good care of him so far, and I only have to help her clean his cage once a week. Her next favorite present was probably her Kitty Surprise and remote control car. Her choices for food on her birthday this year were Lucky Charms, chocolate cake with strawberries, and take-out bacon pizza. We sure love her even if she sings REALLY loud ALL the time!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment