Tuesday, September 30, 2014

TWINS' 1rst BIRTHDAY!!

 Scarlett unwrapping some Schleich animals with Daddy
 And Parker, the same, with Mommy
 I imagined getting a really cute picture of these two together in their matching outfits since we rarely do matching outfits and it was their b-day, but it went more like this...
Everybody was a little unsure ...
 Parker
 Scarlett
 It took them awhile to warm up to that cake too...what picky little things!  Parker has actually become a lot more adventurous with food now than Scarlett.  I never never thought that would happen.

Their birthday was a little bit crazy because we were getting carpet installed in the bedrooms the next day.  Jimmy was supposed to have work off and his PTO got cancelled.  Eeesh.  It all got worked out though.  I actually moved most of the stuff out of the rooms myself until James' manager let him go.  We did birthday stuff for the twins at lunch, and then the girls and I packed up and spent the night at Grandma Ann's house.

Honestly, I'm just glad we made it to ONE YEAR OLD(S?), and that they are literally alive.  Twins are intense.  I wouldn't change it if I could, but would I want to relive it?  Ah, no.  I'm much less on way to crazy town with 1 year olds running around and a "finished" house!

I realized in posting pictures of some of the finished house product that I never really showed much of the process.  I didn't think to document any of it really.  I just wanted it done!  Here's some of the drywalling process, and here are the twins watching Grandpa and Daddy cut some trimwork.  That's all I have.  I remember those babies used to not even flinch at strangers/workers walking through our house or even the air compressor going off!


No comments: