Tuesday, September 30, 2014

ANDI'S 29th BIRTHDAY

 Don't judge me moment...this is the twins' first time in baby swings!  They've sat on our laps plenty of times on our big swing set, but we just don't make it to the park, ever.  That's partly because of our backyard being like a park and that we just frankly don't go anywhere with the babies unless necessary.  That will change now that they are getting older, but it's still quite the feat.  Anyway.

Their reactions would not surprise you. at. all.  Ha!  Scarlett LOVED it!  and Parker just looked like this....the.WHOLE. time...

My birthday was on Labor Day this year, so it was a "free" day off from work and school.  We didn't do anything super special, but it was such a nice time to simply hang out as a family with very little agenda.  It felt like normal life!  We took the kids to the park and Culvers for some custard.  My birthday meal was to-die-for, if I can compliment my cooking without sounding obnoxious.... homemade fettuccine alfredo with shrimp and a side of asparagus.  Yum!  Then Brooke and I had bought a "Cake Boss" cake mix and frosting when she went grocery shopping with me.  It was super moist and really good, definitely better than a normal box mix, but maybe not worth the $8, at least on a normal basis.  I'd buy it for birthdays for sure.

(I think Jimmy and I need to start taking more pictures of each other instead of just the kids)

No comments: