Parker
Scarlett
The babies' first walk outside: Can I just say it was pretty amazing to go on a family walk and not even have to leave our property! Our land is beautiful and I'm just now being able to get out and enjoy it. I'm sad that winter is coming. Sidenote: yes, my older children perpetually wear pajamas.
Changing both babies can be quite an involved process, so Daddy switched the crib around (they sleep together in the other one for now) so that the railing is lowered and the mattress is high. Now they have their very own double-wide changing table equipped with mobile and all, lol.
I actually got out to do photo shoots two Saturdays. The whole family came along and played at the park during one shoot to wait for me. This was Brooke in the car waiting for my clients.
I didn't get to participate in Halloween activities (everything is pretty much a 'no-go' in the evenings for me for now, the babies are melting and cranky), but Daddy got to take the big girls to the church party and trick or treating. He's missed a couple Halloweens because of work, so I hope it was fun for him (honestly, I'm not sure I even asked how it went, lol). The kids had fun, I know. Kaydence was a Zombie Carrot from Dreamworks Spooky Stories Special Monster vs. Aliens (she's been wanting to be a zombie carrot for a good 9 months, I love how she holds onto the weirdest ideas, cracks me up!). Brooklyn was Hawkeye from the Avengers. I had to make Kaydence's costume and Brooke's I bought on clearance at Target last year for $1.50 (90% off). I did have a little skeleton romper that I bought on clearance for about the same price last year, because when I was shopping last year around this time, I already knew we were going to be getting pregnant the next month (we get pregnant the first time every time). I didn't know it would be two babies though, so I didn't even end up putting either of them in the outfit. Maybe next baby? Yes, can I put that out there...I thought I would feel finished having children, but in a few years, I think I might want another baby. Somehow even with all of this chaos, I don't feel complete, it's like our family is missing someone. It's weird, and James does not concur at this point ;). We'll see. I digress. That was our last month, nothing too exciting really, but so so busy. Jimmy only has few weeks left in his semester and the guys are almost done with the "mancave/office." Hopefully he'll be working from home in just a few weeks then and the guys will move onto working on the inside of the house.


1 comment:
Such beautiful girls... And I totally feel you. Three was going to be it for us. But I know it's not supposed to be our last. I've decided pregnancy really is getting too risky, so I don't know how it'll happen... and Ryan still doesn't feel it. BUT... Im sure it'll be a few years
Post a Comment