Friday, August 2, 2013

TWIN UPDATE #9

No pictures this ultrasound...I actually turned them down.  I have too many already, and surprise, surprise, no luck getting Baby B's face.  So the report at 34 1/2 weeks was....
Baby A -- 6 lbs 8 oz (90th percentile)
Baby B -- 5 lbs 11 oz (66th percentile)

So Baby B's growth is starting to slow like normal for twins at this gestation.  Big Baby A must not feel as squished yet, because she's still growing at full speed; some of her measurements were for an average 38 week gestation baby, Lol.  Both babies are still head down.  Oh, and my uterus is growing up on top of my sternum (the middle of my rib cage).  Sooooo, that's not painful at all (sarcasm).  

The high risk specialist actually said it was the last time I had to see him.  He said the babies were good sized and everything was all set for a non-complicated VBAC with my regular doctor.  I never thought it could all work out so perfect.  I'm still really nervous about labor and never expected that I wouldn't have to have a C-section, but I'm starting to feel better and better as each week goes on.  I still have the realistic expectation that many things could go wrong, but it's becoming more realistic to believe that each baby will be born and set on my chest all healthy and perfect, breathing on their own and able to nurse.  The doctor said there was no reason I would have to go to 38 weeks with babies this size (Baby A will be 7lbs by next week), so a couple more weeks and I'm free to let myself go into labor.  So I guess I'll see you all on the flip side!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Awesome news!!! Good luck on the home stretch! ;)