Thursday, May 9, 2013

TWIN UPDATE #5

 Almost 23 weeks!  Excuse my white pasty legs; this pregnant lady was hot this week.  I imagine most of my summer will include the least amount of clothing possible :).  I met with the high risk OB today and had another ultrasound.  I see him every 4 weeks now in addition to my regular OB every 4 weeks too.  My regular OB will keep up with urine samples, measuring my uterine size, weight, bloodwork, etc.  While the high risk OB will keep track of my cervix thickness, amniotic fluid, ultrasounds, and each babies' particular growth.  All of it is a lot of work and very time consuming....I'm sure my insurance company is loving me (insert sarcasm).  It won't be long before I will be at the doctor's office every week.  Thank goodness the high risk OB comes down to our city every Thursday from Madison, so I don't have to travel very far until we move.

Below you will some new images of Baby A.  She's baby A because she is closest to my cervix and will be the oldest.  There is no way they can switch now.  She is head down and in the lower half of my uterus.
 Now below is Baby B.  Her face is still hard for them to get, but we got a profile of her face this time (see 2nd picture)!  She is in the upper half of my uterus laying completely sideways.  So it's actually her head I can feel in my ribs all the time!
Next below is something fun!  First off, please excuse the lack of modesty for my poor Baby B on the left there.  She is obviously a girl!  The fun thing about this picture though is to the right of her there is a line arching through the black space.  That is actually their placenta line dividing their space.  Down on the bottom right are Baby A's legs too.  So I got to watch 4 legs and feet kicking each other for a few minutes today.  It was so neat and surreal!
And speaking of placentas, the high risk OB told me today that there is just about a 90% chance (based on statistics) that they are fraternal.  So that puts a number on it, but we won't know until they are born still.  I think their little faces looked differentiated from each other this time, more than last time, but who knows.  If they look alike, we will have to do genetic testing that insurance doesn't usually pay for to find out for sure...I'm hoping they look really different right away and it will be a no-brainer!  For the sake of their personal identities, I really do hope they are fraternal.  I don't get into all that matchy stuff anyway!

No comments: