Yep, we were equally as shocked!! We found out at my first OB appointment at almost 9 weeks pregnant that we were pregnant with FRATERNAL TWINS! I had already felt like I was bigger than my other pregnancies, but "it's my third child," I thought, "I hear you just pop out after being stretched so many times." I really should have put two and two together though, I had symptoms early, tested positive 3 days early on a PG test, and had an immediately swollen and sensitive feeling uterus. I think it all hit me in the doctor's office and I knew it once she asked, "Was your last period normal? Was it light or short or anything, because your uterus feels bigger than an 8 week pregnancy?" I knew it right then....Oh no, what did we do!? Haha, then there they showed up on the ultrasound. I couldn't stop shaking! We are shocked, but so ecstatic! I'm so grateful to have James be the man I'm having this adventure with; his reaction to finding out was so endearing. I just love him! So here's the pictures from 8-9 weeks; hopefully they will give me more pictures this week at my 12-13 week appointment.
Here's baby A. We know they are fraternal twins (meaning they are just like any other siblings, they just happen to be growing in my uterus at the same time....so it could be 2 girls, 2 boys or one of each) because they have two separate placenta/came from two different eggs.
Baby B, and then below is a heartbeat of one of them. They both actually had the same 183 bpm heartbeat.
So please keep these precious babies in your prayers. Thankfully they have come at a point in our life when we have learned not to stress too much about life things. We currently live in a 2 bedroom house and have a tiny car that would have barely fit 3 kids, definitely not 4, but we know things will work out and that Heavenly Father will bless us as we are so willing and grateful to take on this responsibility. And we truly truly are so excited. James and I still just look at each other and start smiling about it randomly sometimes. All we want is healthy babies and a 38 week pregnancy! My full term due date is Sept. 9, but twins do come usually well before then....a good goal is 38 weeks and that will be August 26th.






1 comment:
oh my gosh! twins?? that is so exciting! i cant wait to know each of their genders! congrats you guys!
Post a Comment