Monday, August 20, 2012

BLOOMING BUTTERFLIES




















Alright, so I went a little bit overboard with the pictures, but this is a beautiful place and I had just  gotten my new Nikon.  I don't usually take my "big" camera places unless it's a photoshoot, but I wanted to get the feel of it before I photographed my first wedding a couple of weeks ago.  Anyway, every August, this place releases butterflies in their greenhouse area.  Then there are also some gorgeous botanical gardens outside that have a map/questionnaire that the kids can earn free ice cream cones with after answering all the questions.  The girls had a ton of fun.  I know people think my mom and I hang out all the time, but that year that I did daycare, we really weren't able too.  It felt like a huge void in my life.  This felt like the first time we have actually taken the kids out on an adventure in a long time.  Despite summer road construction, messy ice cream, and a disobedient child here and there, it was relaxing and enjoyable.  I don't plan on giving that time up with us and our girls ever again!

No comments: