Brooke turned 4! Can I say I definitely won't be missing 3 years old!? I don't know what all that talk of the terrible twos is...it's for sure the threes! I shouldn't complain; Brooke is a bright, active, imaginative, amazing and sweet (when she wants to be) little girl. Here are some things accomplished and things I will miss about my sweet three year old...
- Her singing silly songs she's made up herself at the-top-of-her-lungs
- Her thinking that the word for daughter is sweetheart
- She can write her name and letters (some better than others ;))
- She can read a decent sized stack of sight/small/common words
- Her obsession with super heros....she even corrected me once, "Mommy, Black Panther starts with a 'B!'" --- so add that too, she knows her phonics and her alphabet like a champ :)
- Her running around with a notebook collecting clues like Steve from "Blue's Clues"
- Her making legos into "booger guns" (though, I think that will continue into 4 yrs old and beyond...she is her father's daughter after all)
- I hate it, but I know someday I will miss her pitter-pattering feet into our bed. I have to admit, she's a pretty good sleeping partner.
- I have most pride in her deciding that she didn't want to be shy anymore, and DOING IT all by herself! She has "turned a 180" in the last couple months; holding conversations with even people she barely knows and completely participating in Primary. I don't know how she did it. All I know is that one day she told me she didn't like being shy, and the next day she wasn't. It makes me so happy to see her confident in herself and so motivated and determined!
For her birthday, she picked to have pancakes and bacon for breakfast, something typical for lunch (I can't remember!), and chicken nuggets with french fries for dinner. Her presents from Mom and Dad were some long-awaited Avengers action figures, clothes, and a BIKE! Daddy took her to the church the next morning so she could ride it in the gym (stinky winter birthday!). We love our Brooklyn!


No comments:
Post a Comment