Sunday, May 15, 2011

HOLY HOTNESS!!






This weather is really getting depressing. The weather has a great effect on my mood, so this cold, sunless spring has been getting me down. Then out of the blue, we have 2 days that are almost 90 degrees out. I went straight from still having the furnace on for nighttime when it was getting in the 40's to needing to turn my air conditioning on because it got to 80-something degrees in my house the next day. Craziness. Of course now it's cold and dreary out again. So sad. The sun did come out for a bit this afternoon, but the wind was chilly. I think we've had a total of 6 days that have gotten above 70 degrees this year and it's June in 2 weeks! Let's just say winter stuck indoors with a baby and a 3 year old made me feel a wee bit insane...I want my sunny summer!!!

These pictures are from one of the random super hot days last week. It was lovely. We sat in the shade of the house so we didn't have to mess with sunscreen and played and played. So relaxing. Kaydence is turning into a big girl. She's walking now (she still prefers to crawl). It makes me sad, but it has also been giving me a glimpse of what the next few years of our lives is going to be like, and it seems like a lot of precious precious fun. Two kids (when one isn't a baby) seems pretty easy to handle. I've never been a girly girl, but I've found myself really finding my "inner girl" lately and being so grateful to have my two little girls and this time I get with just them before any boys might enter the picture ;). They really are such special gentle spirits that need so much love.

Anyway, we are gearing up for a fun summer. Brooklyn has been listing all sorts of things she wants to do; we need to make a list. So far we have the zoo, a farm, ride a ferris wheel, the temple, a dolphin show, and many many beach, pool and/or park trips. Awesome times!

1 comment:

GRAMMY said...

I agree 100% about the weather Andi. It has been horrible and depressing. I don't mind the cool temps, but the cloudy days can go! We probably sound like wimps to our family in the Northwest, but I like the SUN!!! I don't miss the rain at all. Lets hope summer will be fantastic. We are hoping for a nice garden this year. xoxox

love, Mom