Thursday, August 8, 2019

SPRING 2019

Spring continued to feel like the long dragged out ending of winter. It took exceptionally long to warm up, and it rained so much. We did the best we could getting out when there was even a hint of decent weather to help lift spirits.
Just when we thought we had gotten through the entire winter without a major sickness for the first time since having  kids, we were hit in the first part of Spring with an awful flu at the end of March. The kids were puking excessively, and now no one wants to eat spaghetti or Subway ever again. Sigh.
Parker and Scarlett saved their Valentine's Day money all the way until they got some money at Easter time, a long time when you're five years old, to buy a Winnie the Pooh and Tigger stuffed animals. Brooklyn had an Eeyore from her birthday already, and Kaydence decided to go along with the group and buy a little Piglet too.
APOLLO! He's not very photogenic, haha.
Daddy/daughter dance. They have such a good daddy. I know he's a dancing fool with them. Parker and Scarlett are just photobombers and can't go until they are 8 years old. 
I like to take pictures of things my kids do, like Mother's Day surprises and this Lego skyscraper, to look back on in my phone when I'm having frustrating moments in motherhood, like pictured below.
Another couple moments of pride and cuteness to adore again...
(Apollo turned 10 years old)
to deal with a softball practice with a little sister crying nearly the entire time. Double sigh. Things are much improved compared to the twins' toddlerhoods, but sometimes I still struggle trying to figure them out and calming them when they're upset. 
Things got better though, and we made it out alive. The grass turned green. The kids started to play outside more, digging or jumping or gathering bugs, and I got to get out for runs and quiet time with the sun's heat touching my skin. PLUS, our driveway was paved!  I'm not sure I could ever part with this property now. I'm so very grateful for it, and all the work we've been able to put into it.


No comments: