Little Miss Parker was completely adorable in her tots gymnastics class! Before signing them up, I showed Scarlett and Parker a video of a basic gymnastics class. Parker wanted to do it; Scarlett did not. Parker has unexpectedly become the more social, outgoing twin. I knew Scarlett likely wouldn't change her mind, so I really only signed Parker up for the class. She was nervous the first few times but became quite the pro by the end. Scarlett decided on the second-to-last class that she wanted to gymnastics next time, so I'll sign her up next semester too. I like that they are okay with splitting up and doing different things. I'm hoping that it has helped that they don't sleep together anymore; Scarlett sleeps with Brooklyn and Parker with Kaydence. Parker and Kaydence are usually sleeping champs through the night, so we thought they would pair well together and not disturb each other. They've been doing amazing except for a nightmare or two, here and there. Scarlett and Brooklyn still need that nightly parental reassurance, so they both end up in our bed at some point every night. That works for us though, we don't mind, as long as they aren't disturbing a sister that usually sleeps well like they had been before the switch.
Scarlett
Kaydence built this all on her own! She even woke me up at 6 in the morning once to inform me of the piece she had found that she had been searching for for days (we have a lot of legos). I love that she would use a different colored piece or something else that would work when she couldn't find what she needed though. I'm trying to teach these kids to let things go and be flexible. Having the twins has forced this skill on our family. It has been a hard skill to learn, but I love seeing the repercussions of it. We are not perfect at this, and neither is Kaydence, but she's one smart little cookie that we adore.








No comments:
Post a Comment