Parker's cheering arm makes this picture ;)
Instead of doing birthday parties, it seems our family tradition is becoming a "you pick the activity" for your birthday. I'm liking that because we aren't the type that goes out and spends money for a family outing. We always search out the free stuff. Birthdays seem like a nice excuse to spend money though. I think Kaydence wants to go to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago for her birthday this year, and Brooklyn already picked Medieval Times for next year. It certainly makes for good memories. Brooklyn picked bowling this year and of course, Genoa's bacon pizza. We only played one game, but that seemed like plenty for everyone.
Miss Brooklyn has definitely been a child that keeps me on my toes. This year has begun a turning point for her. She still most certainly has a ways to go, but for the first time, I'm sensing a bit of maturity and those feelings of her not needing me anymore. She's become independent in so many areas. I'm welcoming this with open arms at this point in my life, but I know one day, it will hit me like a ton of bricks. Right now it's the little things, like taking a bath on her own, washing dishes, or calling her dad on the phone who was in the mancave when her mom was napping with the twins and refused to get up to help her get something down, lol ;). Someday it will be the big things.
She still feels her emotions very strongly and has an excitable personality (which sometimes leads to a lapse in judgement, ha!). I think she will always be that girl, but she calms and forgives so quickly. I can see the self-control growing. I'm proud of her. Brooke is a well-rounded little girl that feels no pressure to be anything than what she wants to be. I love that she can express herself so freely to us, even if it isn't always the kindest. She's bright and hopeful. She's flourishing in her school work, and uses big words all on her own lately such as, "Daddy stop interfering!!" Love. her.









No comments:
Post a Comment