So this little munchkin finally sort of let us see her little face, 3-D style. She must be the biggest snuggler, because even though she isn't crammed face first into my ribs anymore (both babies are actually HEAD DOWN...awesome!), she wouldn't take her hands down from completely covering her face. The ultrasound tech was my favorite one (yes, I've seen that many to have a favorite), so I begged her to try really hard. I wanted to see Baby B's face! Anyway, the images are a little distorted because she had to manipulate the image and peel back her arms (weird), but you get the idea...
Her 2-D profile again, just chubbier :)
The way her hands were the whole time...no sucking fingers or anything, just squashed up by her face.
Now you can see her nose and mouth in the middle (Jimmy's lips AGAIN!)
And my favorite for last.
So the pics look kind of weird, but she looks a lot like Baby A. I've been convinced they are fraternal twins, and the specialist said there is about a 90% chance that they are, but I'm not so sure any more. Just another month or so now, and we see them in person! Oh my gosh, I don't have a single thing ready! At least they have a room with painted walls, oh, and the bassinet is half put together. Time to get on that.
Other big news...at just under 32 weeks gestation, my girls are in the 90th-something percentiles in every area of growth and weigh about 4 lb 13 oz and 4 lb 9 oz. That puts them about 3 weeks ahead of an average baby at their gestation. This is a huge, big amazing deal! For starters, my other babies were pretty small fullterm, and most importantly, twins are born early, so the bigger they are, the better chance they have at not having complications. I'm so thrilled! Their growth will start to slow now that they are becoming restricted, but I could end up with 7 lb twins (bigger than my singletons). I never thought I would be able to say that being a small person. So, end of story, if you know someone who is pregnant with twins, tell them about this book as early on as possible (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061803073/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1GQGSCG42HFFF34P6V13&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846 ). It is written by a registered dietitian with a doctorate in something to do with OB who helped run a clinic for multiple pregnancies. It involves a very important weight gain pattern for twin pregnancies that has shown to increase twin birth weights and the amount of twins born at 36 weeks or later. I'm so glad I followed it, because it was completely right, at this point I'm having a hard time being able to eat enough to support the two babies and they are gaining weight faster than I am. So they are using up the bit of fat stores I gained earlier. Now, not only are they more likely to stay in longer and not live a second in the NICU, I'll likely end up skinnier after having them than with my singletons. Crazy!






1 comment:
Such awesome pictures! And I'm so glad to hear they're growing so well! That's awesome. We're in the home stretch!!
Post a Comment