Wednesday, October 17, 2012

EVERY GIRL NEEDS A GOOD GRANDPA

I was looking through the mass amount of photos I need to develop and came across this picture; it melted my heart!  My children have an ABUNDANCE of awesome loving grandmothers and great-grandmothers.  They have no idea how blessed they are to have such strong examples of woman in their life; perhaps that's one of the reasons Heavenly Father has sent so many little girls to this family.  When it comes to grandpas, they aren't as lucky.  Due to death and alternative lifestyles, they are left with just two (I know, not that shocking, but considering they have 5 grandmas, it doesn't seem like a lot :)).

When I look at this picture, I can't help but be so grateful that one of their grandpas is this man.  I know my dad isn't perfect, but everyone who has known him well for most of his life can say that the mature, loving, affectionate, sensitive, patient, righteous-promoting man he has turned into is on the verge of shocking.  My dad cries over touching things on a regular basis!!  Lol, that was not the dad I had.  Sometimes I'm almost jealous that my children and my sisters get this man this way.  Anyway, when I found this picture, I realized for the first time that when my girls reflect someday on their Grandfather Kiederlen's life, all they will have to describe him are words like the ones I just used above, and right now, they have no idea how lucky they are because men like him just aren't made that way as often as the world needs.  I will 
cherish this picture!

No comments: