Our Christmas was lovely this year. It started Christmas Eve...we decided to act out and read the story of Jesus' birth. Brooklyn got to be a pregnant Mary riding the donkey (Eeyore) and thought it was the funniest thing ever. Kaydence was our baby Jesus, but her chubby butt didn't fit in our doll cradle. So she kind of sat in it and wouldn't stop squealing with glee. I think we ended up laughing more than anything else, but I couldn't help the tears welling up in my eyes as we sat there amongst stuffed animals (our fellow manger guests) singing "Away in a Manger." Life rarely feels picture perfect, but that moment did. Corny, I know, but sometimes I just can't help it anymore.
Christmas Day was typical....lots of fun opening presents with Brooke. Kaydence obviously had no idea what was going on, but was giggly and excited just because everyone else was. Then after months of forethought, it was over by 7:30 am! We played for a bit, and then wassied on over to my parents' house in our pajamas, stopping at McDonalds on the way for some hot chocolate and egg McMuffins. Brooke wanted lots of things for Christmas, but most of all she wanted Imaginext's Dragon Fortress. If you're bored, go here and press the purple tab on the side that says "guard dragon" (it's her favorite feature). Anyway, after she had opened all her presents at home, she said that she must be getting her dragon castle on her birthday. She seemed a little disappointed, so was definitely happy to open it later that day
at Grandma's house.


2 comments:
That is so funny! I clicked on your link and laughed out loud when I saw the dragon eating the person! Brooke is the only little girl I know that would enjoy something like that :) Luv it!!
When did your girls get so big? Oh my gosh!! They're gorgeous. Im glad you had such a good Christmas!
Post a Comment