So who would have known that this spring fed lake with a sandy beach was just 2.8 miles from my house! Yesterday was ranked as one of most favorite days of all time...it seriously is ranked right up there with the days my children were born. Grandma Gretchen came down for a day visit. We accomplished some everyday things and shopping in the morning and then went to this lovely beach in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day, and I was able to sit and enjoy nature in a way I haven't since before I had kids. Kaydence slept in her carseat in the grass under a tree with me the entire time, and I was able to witness my little Brooke spend such valuable time with her great-grandma building a sand castle (something she has been asking to do for a couple months now). Brooklyn enjoyed herself immensely...you could just see it in her eyes that it was everything she had built it up in her mind to be. I'm just so grateful that Grandma was able to come have that time with us and give Brooklyn the time and energy I have felt I haven't been able to do in quite some time with being pregnant and having a newborn. The day ended with a great dinner, an early bedtime for the toddler and a movie for the grown-ups. A great day, but the best part was by far to see Brooke
enjoying a new experience so much.


1 comment:
Cool! I know where I am going next time I have a hankering for sand between my toes :) I am so glad you had such an awesome day!
Post a Comment