Friday, February 5, 2010

AND THE BABY IS...

So we finally compromised on telling people this time what the gender of the baby is...with Brooke neither one of us wanted to tell, but one of us wanted to this time :). If you don't already know, it turns out that our baby is another GIRL!!! I was really anxious before my ultrasound. After Brooklyn having complications at birth and a miscarriage, I have to admit that I was having problems believing that everything was just going to be fine with this baby. I tried really hard to figure out if I had preference to whether it was a girl or a boy, but I honestly didn't...a girl is convenient because we just had one and a boy would have been great too because we don't have one. I really only cared about the baby being healthy.

Anyway, obviously everything turned out at the ultrasound, and anatomically our baby is perfect with all it's organs functioning and all 20 digits. The doctor did give a disclaimer that we didn't get the optimal view of the genitals, so it wouldn't be impossible for it to still be a boy, but nearly. I think Jimmy is holding on to that hope just a little bit, but we've both had feelings that it was a girl from the beginning. Brooklyn has him wrapped around her finger so tightly, I think he has a hard time imagining being able to love another girl in the same way. We all know it happens though.

p.s. We haven't gotten a name completely in stone, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ya! I still think Harlem Cornia is a good name :) Or was it Jersey Retina?