Friday, January 8, 2010

UPDATE

I usually keep up on my blogging, but with the nausea and vomiting from the pregnancy, our household hasn't been functioning much beyond the basics. Obviously we are pregnant again, due June 20! I'm going on 17 weeks this weekend and can't believe it! I just started to feel the baby move and love having him/her inside of me (at least now that the sickness seems to be gone). With Brooke it was harder for me to imagine that the whole process would work and a baby would come out at the end. So in that regard, this pregnancy feels more real, but I still can't believe we're going to have a baby around the house again!!! I was just telling Jimmy last night that part of me hates loving him and Brooklyn so much, because it leaves me with so much to lose. It of course leaves me with all the joy there is on this Earth, but it's scary to think about wrapping your heart so tightly around yet another being in this world.

Anyway, we are excited to have a precious little newborn again. We have our ultrasound in just a few weeks now. Jimmy is hoping for a boy, but swears he won't be disappointed if it's a girl again. I think he's worried (based on my parents track record) that if we have a girl next, we might never have a boy. Obviously my parents track record has nothing to do with what genders we produce, but we both are hoping for a good mix. Oh, and p.s...just to prepare people, I don't think we are sharing the baby's gender until it's born like with Brooke. We haven't decided for sure and I know that's not that common nowadays, but it makes the baby's birthday more special and really is only our business anyway. I'm also not sure if Brooke will think so highly of the baby when it gets here and she figures out it is staying, but I'm glad she won't be an only child anymore. It feels so much harder to instill some of the values we want in her when she doesn't have siblings
to share with and love.

No comments: