We were excited to take Brooklyn to the zoo for her first time especially since she's really into animal sounds right now. She unfortunately did not take a nap in the car on the way there like I expected :(. She did really great the first 2 1/2 hours at the zoo though. I think the monkeys were her favorite and it was pretty cute that she waved and said 'hi' to almost every animal. She was in this backpack thing we have the entire time and when she started falling asleep, I thought it looked really uncomfortable....so, I thought she would be more comfortable if I took her out and held her in my arms. She looked so tired, I thought she would just fall right asleep if I held her in her favorite position and kept walking (since in the past this has always worked!), but instead she started screaming. Poor thing was so overtired, so she screamed (I mean screamed, by the way) for the next half an hour with three 1-2 minute breaks until we got back to the car. So the moral of the story is, don't take Brooke out of the backpack, but really it was a good time and it was neat to watch Brooke see animals she reads about everyday in real life.
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment