Thursday, May 7, 2009

ACCEPTED OFFER.....

So the time has finally come! Today our offer was accepted on this house. Obviously we're just in the first stages and not everything is finalized, but our lender says he has no doubts about our loan....so really we're just waiting for our inspection and the bank's assessment. It feels a little surreal, so I'm not sure if we're super excited yet. I personally am still dealing a little with my preconceived ideas. You know how with any major life event that you have expectations for....sometimes it's hard to fill those expectations because they aren't really realistic? The house is everything we wanted and could have asked for....it itself is what I envisioned, but I would prefer a better yard, a lot that's not on a corner with a stoplight, and a more small town environment. So it's not perfect, but all and all I feel very blessed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a complainer...I feel so humbled at what Heavenly Father has provided us with, but I'm having emotions about it I didn't expect. I guess I'm just realizing that your first house is also kind of like getting married or having a baby.....it's wonderful yes, even blissful, but you have to throw out your fairy tale preconceptions to really enjoy it. Anyway, we will keep you all updated. Hopefully we'll be closing June 30th at the latest!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It looks like the perfect house. I can't wait to see pictures of the inside.

Allison said...

I am in love with the red door!! Is this the same house you were telling me about? Can't wait for an invite to a 'painting party' :) paint is THE funnest way to spruce up a new home & put a little bit of YOU into it.
So awesome, I am really excited for you guys!

Jamie said...

I am so happy for you!! What a great house! And wait... I want to be invited to the painting party!!! :) August, maybe?! Things will go great - we will be praying that everything will go smoothly! Your family deserves the best - love you!

Beth said...

Oh, it's beautiful Andi!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!, I am so excited for you guys, The house is really cute, I know you will have alot of fun with it. Keep us posted and good luck!!!