Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SPRING IS HERE!!!!


What a neat rock!....
Brooklyn trying to eat the rock...
Brooke laughing because Daddy took the rock away and said it was 'yucky.' I'm not sure why that was so funny. She hasn't been taking us so seriously lately.


We have been spending every last second outside the last couple days (good thing there is a park literally 50 feet behind the house). Brooklyn now carries her shoes and coat around with her in the house saying 'eh' 'eh' 'eh' (that's her whine for "I want something I don't know how to say"). Telling her that we'll go outside later hasn't really been working, so we've ended up going out 3-4 times each day. I'm pretty sure I'll have a cranky child when it's 40 degrees tomorrow and we have to stay inside. I'll be able to handle it knowing that the warmth everyday is just around the corner. I love how much she likes it outside and how happy and content she is just looking around and playing with holes in the sidewalk (her current obsession). She is very active and I just haven't been able to keep up with her or her messes lately... so it has been very nice to have an outlet that doesn't include toys all over or her unhappy. I try not to laugh sometimes, but she has been challenging us this past week trying to figure out her boundaries and things. She'll flat out ignore me half the time and the other half she'll growl and hit whatever object I just told her to leave alone. Besides her acting like that all day and us having to go over and stop her ourselves instead of just telling her and then her crying and throwing a fit, it's pretty darn cute...especially the growling or sometimes even some baby gibberish yelled back at us.

p.s. Brooke's first teeth (front bottom) had barely popped through when she turned one, but now four on top are coming through all of a sudden at once. It's pretty cute if you can tell in the pics...we've been calling her a hillbilly because some are in further than the others and they haven't pushed together yet. LOL!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beauty! She is such a cutie, those eyes are awesome! Glad that you have a park so close by!

Allison said...

Looks like fun :) I love the growl! Can't wait to see those teeth. Give me a call when you get a minute. We (Weber's) are planning a couple of get-togethers coming up and I need to give you details :)
Luv you guys! AL

Tiffany said...

I don't think Jayden's teeth will pop until he's a year old either... he's 8 months and NOTHING. Oh well- makes nursing easier. She is so cute! I love their personalities as they get older.