This picture was taken a year ago today on the day that Brooklyn was born. In many ways I can't believe that that was only a year ago, but in most ways, I can't believe it has already been a year! Our lives have completely changed becoming parents....some of that change is restricting and full of responsibility and stress, but I have never felt so fulfilled in anything in my entire life. I used to hear women say that they were meant to be mothers, that that was their calling in life, and I would think they were weenies or didn't have far reaching goals or something....I obviously have changed my mind. I feel like Heavenly Father prepared me my whole life with experiences, with the gospel, with my education, etc. to shape and mold the children He entrusts me with. I still have dreams...I still want to be a doctor someday, write a book or something else monumental, but I have also realized that the consuming feeling I had to do something great and amazing in my life was satisfied when I first held Brooklyn in my arms. I love how much she has changed me for the better....for the compassion, understanding, patience and love I am suddenly learning so much about. I love how much closer she has brought Jimmy and me and that sometimes I stop in a moment and could just burst into tears of happiness watching them laugh while we're all playing together. I could never be thankful enough for the gift of my daughter and pray with all my heart that we will provide her with the healthy, loving, stable base she needs to grow into a successful, fulfilled and happy woman.
1 year ago


2 comments:
So sweet! I am so glad you wrote this Andi-- What a treasure! You and Jim are great parents and I am so grateful for the happiness you both share in raising your little angel. Can't believe she is already one!
Brooklyn is such a cutie, and I'm sure you two are wonderful parents. Happy birthday to her!
Post a Comment