Brooklyn was officially one year old today! She had a good day of playing (still excited over the residual of presents from her birthday party on Sunday). Great-Grandma and Grandpa Engstrom came over for dinner and cake. Brooke got some more great presents from her grandparents and aunts. I think or at least hope her favorite present was from us....since we spent the most money and know her best. We bought her a 'Radio Flyer' turbo turtle. It will take her a few more months to really be able to scoot around on it, but she had a lot of fun sitting on it, pressing it's buttons and putting things in the little storage area in it's shell. I have to say I am really impressed with the brand. It was a good 30 more dollars than a Fisher Price riding toy, but that 'Radio Flyer' turtle is built tough and will make it through 5 kids. I'm all for quality not quantity when it comes to things we buy nowadays. Brooke did better with her cake tonight too. She still wasn't too hot on the candle thing, but she dug into her cake and was being quite the little ham.
1 year ago


1 comment:
I'm lovin' the frosting hand :) I'm glad she had such a fun birthday. That turbo turtle looks cool :) I hear ya on the quality of toys. Sometimes it is worth it to go for the better toy when you know it will be in the family for years to come. And I am super excited to read '5 kids'! I need more nieces and nephews to hold... so isn't it about time to get started on #2? ;)
Post a Comment